Bend, Oregon is much more than just a hub for outdoor enthusiasts – it also boasts a thriving arts and cultural scene. From galleries and theaters to festivals and live music, there’s something for everyone in Bend. Here are some of the top cultural experiences that visitors to Bend shouldn’t miss:
- BendFilm Festival: Held annually in October, the BendFilm Festival is one of the top independent film festivals in the Pacific Northwest. The festival showcases a range of films, including documentaries, shorts, and feature-length films, and attracts film lovers from all over the region.
- The Tower Theatre: This historic theater, built in 1940, has been restored to its original glory and now serves as a hub for the arts in Bend. The theater hosts a range of performances, including live music, theater productions, and dance performances.
- The Old Stone Performing Arts Center: This intimate theater, located in the heart of downtown Bend, is a hub for local arts and culture. The venue features a range of performances, including live music, theater, and comedy.
- The High Desert Museum: This unique museum explores the history, culture, and wildlife of the high desert region. Visitors can learn about the area’s Native American history, watch live bird of prey demonstrations, and explore exhibits on the region’s wildlife and geology.
- Bend Art Walk: Held on the first Friday of every month, the Bend Art Walk is a popular event that showcases the work of local artists. Visitors can stroll through downtown Bend, visiting galleries and studios and enjoying live music, food, and drinks.
These are just a few of the many cultural experiences that await visitors to Bend, Oregon. Whether you’re an art lover, a theater buff, or just looking to experience something new, Bend has something for you.