Central Oregon is home to several beautiful waterfalls that are worth visiting. Here are some of the most popular waterfalls in the region:
- Tumalo Falls: Located just outside of Bend, Tumalo Falls is a popular destination for hiking, mountain biking, and picnicking. The waterfall drops approximately 97 feet into the Deschutes River.
- Proxy Falls: Located in the Three Sisters Wilderness, Proxy Falls is a stunning waterfall that drops approximately 226 feet in two tiers. The hike to the falls is approximately 1.5 miles and is rated as moderate.
- Sahalie and Koosah Falls: Located in the Willamette National Forest near Sisters, Sahalie and Koosah Falls are two picturesque waterfalls that are easily accessible via a short hike.
- Paulina Falls: Located in Newberry National Volcanic Monument, Paulina Falls drops approximately 80 feet and is accessible via a short hike from the parking lot.
- Dillon Falls: Located on the Deschutes River just outside of Bend, Dillon Falls is a popular destination for kayaking, rafting, and hiking. The waterfall drops approximately 12 feet and can be viewed from a nearby overlook.
- Benham Falls: Also located on the Deschutes River, Benham Falls is a popular destination for kayaking, rafting, and hiking. The waterfall drops approximately 20 feet and can be viewed from a nearby overlook.
These are just a few of the many waterfalls in Central Oregon. Each waterfall offers its own unique beauty and outdoor recreational opportunities, making them great destinations for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts alike.