Bend, Oregon is surrounded by stunning natural beauty, and there are many great camping spots in the area for you to explore. Here are some of the best camping spots in Bend:
- Tumalo State Park: Located just outside of Bend, Tumalo State Park offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and a peaceful, natural setting for camping.
- Deschutes National Forest: With over 2 million acres of public land, the Deschutes National Forest is a great place to find a quiet, secluded campsite.
- Smith Rock State Park: This stunning park is known for its towering rock formations, and it’s a great place to camp if you enjoy hiking, rock climbing, and scenic vistas.
- La Pine State Park: Located in the nearby town of La Pine, this state park is a great place to camp if you’re looking for a peaceful, natural setting.
- Sparks Lake: This beautiful alpine lake is surrounded by stunning scenery and is a great place to camp if you enjoy fishing, hiking, and wildlife viewing.
- Crooked River National Grassland: This remote and scenic area offers plenty of opportunities for camping and outdoor recreation, including hiking, horseback riding, and wildlife viewing.
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument: This unique area features volcanic features and stunning landscapes, and is a great place to camp if you’re looking for a unique outdoor experience.
These are just a few of the many great camping spots in Bend, Oregon and the surrounding areas. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful, secluded spot or a more active outdoor experience, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful region.